Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Californians = the cat hair in my oatmeal.

Really now. I went to bed this morning SO HAPPY AND INSPIRED. And I wake up to find Prop 8 teetering on the edge? Why? I really do not understand.

But I still am extremely proud of my state (we had his back all along) and relieved at how everything turned out. McCain's speech was incredibly gracious and exactly what was needed. I do like him as a person, although of course I disagree on just about everything he stands for. I believe him when he speaks (which is why I was so outraged with him in the election), and believe he truly loves his country. The things his campaign got away with a straight face, I'll never get over, and Palin...thank god. I won't be doing my blog about her, because it's pointless now (thank god).
I hope McCain's speech was taken to heart, and he is involved in the new administration. I think it would be an amazing first step to unite the country, comfort Republicans who are afraid they will no longer be heard, and send an even better message to the world. It would be interesting to see how they could make it work without either person having to compromise their beliefs, but I really hope the shared sentiments last night were sincere.

Let's hope that, no matter what you believe, this means change for the better. My daughter will grow up not even having a second thought about a black person being able to become president, and that is very exciting to me.



NOW LET THE GAYS MARRY! WTF IS THE MATTER WITH YOU????

1 comment:

Save_The_Hobbit said...

They also passed laws banning gay marriage in Arizona and Florida.

This country is so fucked up, it's never coming out. Much like Tom Cruise.