Monday, May 5, 2008

No, seriously now. Where in Pennsylvania IS DC?

Shana and I were talking the other day. I forget the topic. She asked me where in Pennsylvania the Washington Monument is.
I looked at her and said, "I do believe that's in Washington, DC."
"Yes," she said, "But where in PA is that?"
I looked at her. "What? I said it's in DC."
"Yeah...and where in PA is that?"
"It's...not."
"Delaware?"
"No."
"Maryland?"
"No, Shana, it's not IN a sta-"
"VIRGINIA??"
"Oh my god! How are you graduating from high school in a month??"
"NO! WHAT STATE IS IT IN??"
"HOW MANY STATES ARE THERE IN THE UNITED STATES??"
"SHUT UP! THAT WAS JUST A MISTAKE!"

Yes, folks...my eighteen year old sister thought that Washington, DC, was a city in PA. I think. I'm still not sure of the thought process behind that one.

3 comments:

Save_The_Hobbit said...

I still really don't understand where it is.

I'll have you know everyone sits behind me during tests just so they can cheat off of me. I got book smarts, I just don't got no common sense. Like ducks.

Stacy said...

It...is...not...IN...a...state. It is the District of Columbia, a separate piece of land.

They don't got no sense for (housetraining)!

Save_The_Hobbit said...

Chad told me last night. I don't feel bad, 'cuz Alison said it was in Maryland.