Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My foster puppy

A few weekends ago, I was at work, and there was a tiny pittie puppy there, giving me the EYES. I asked the managers and found out her story. She was seventeen weeks old. She had been taken from her mother at four weeks and lived outside attached to a very short chain in the kennel owner's neighborhood. She was stolen, and found chained to a telephone pole a few blocks away with a broken leg. She was then surrendered to our kennel. I took her in as a foster, and we've been helping her learn to be a puppy. She's amazingly good - no accidents, she loves Caden and Barkley (although you could tell she didn't quite know how to play), the cats, Kristen...you name it. She let Shana paint her toenails bright purple and she wears a pink hoodie (sekxy). I had her to obedience class last Tuesday and she did perfectly - she was one of the first to start automatic sitting, which we don't even start expecting them to learn until the second half of the next class. She lives to please me - she craves my approval and love, she begs for it every second of the day. Is there anyone out there who knows of a forever home? I have a prospect, but the husband isn't sure if he wants to add another pittie or not. We're calling her Pippi (although she comes to anything as long as it's said in the party voice) and she is UTD on all her shots.



There are probably people reading this who are shocked that I would allow a pit bull puppy, with socialization and probably abuse issues, into my home, with cats and a thirteen-month-old. Pit bulls, after all, are killing machines who have brains hardwired for blood. I ask you - go back and reread this post - look me (and come look at her) in the eyes, and tell me that SHE is the monster.

EDIT: PS - yes, that is Ghost's ass. Mooning you. The cats do not like Pippi near as much as Pippi likes the cats.

5 comments:

Another Day said...

You are so right on about the dog not being the monster it's who is raising it.

You are doing a fantastic job girlie!

Anonymous said...

If Kyle wouldn't murder me, I would so do it. But since we are already up to three... I can understand.

I'm thinking you secretly want to keep her forevah!

Stacy said...

oh there is NO secretly about it. I lurve her. But I would like to start fostering regularly, so I can help multiple dogs become adoptable, and I'm afraid three is really my limit. So she needs a forever home.

Wook into her eyes. Make Kyle wook into her eyes.

Save_The_Hobbit said...

I WANT PIPPI SO BAD! :[

Make mom let me have her! I'm probably going to try and get an apartment my second year of college anyway, so they'd only have her for one year...

Stacy said...

No, sweetheart. Full-time college and a job means no puppy for you. When your schedule has enough time for a puppy, I will be more than glad to help you find another rescue puppy in desperate need of a home.