Wednesday, May 28, 2008

WWYD: Baby Mama or The Strangers?

I'm looking for a good date night movie, and am trying to console myself, since I am a huge Indiana Jones fan, and I've heard from too many sources to deny it that the new movie disappoints.

Baby Mama - Both Jason and I are fans of SNL, and of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler in general. It would be a light, funny, comedy, which is good for a date night. But I've heard it's somewhat lame and predictable.

The Strangers - We're also fans of scary movies, and The Strangers definitely looks like it will deliver on that. That said, I am also a giant wuss, and haven't been able to put the toddler down or stop looking around corners since I watched the trailer. I am such a wuss about this plotline in general (YOU HEARD ME, I'M A PUSSY!). And it's not exactly date night material. But it's probably a better movie than Baby Mama.

You have two days to decide for me. And GO.


omg - Kristen just swung the front door (it's open, the screen door is shut) and I jumped ten feet and peed a bit. Please keep this in mind.

3 comments:

Save_The_Hobbit said...

Go see The Strangers! Be my eyes! I want to see it, 'cuz it looks really awesome, but you know how I am. And it has whats-her-name from LotR!

I heard Indiana Jones was actually pretty good.

Stacy said...

I have not heard ONE good review of it. And that makes me very, very sad.

But it won't stop the very, very inappropriate dreams about oldenoughtobemyfather Harrison Ford.

Another Day said...

Oh Oh Oh Oh!!!!! I saw a ton of previews for The Strangers. Go see it. If you pee your pants I'll know not to watch it. lol.