Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sad Mother's Day

It didn't start out that way. We had a lovely time - we took MIL out to breakfast, where she made a giantic fuss over Kristen's new pigtails. We went out with my parents and my grandmother to lunch, and had another great time. We went to the nursing home to drop my grandmother off, and saw ILs walking up. We assumed they were going to visit Jason's grandmother, so we said hello. They told us Gram had died an hour ago.
We promptly handed Kristen over to my parents and went up with ILs to Grams floor. The family was there, sobbing and hugging each other. We did know it was coming - she had not been getting on well at all, and had been given one to two weeks to live. That doesn't make it any less heartbreaking, she was a great woman.

I'll have pictures tomorrow - both of happy Mother's Day moments, and a few of Gram.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Stacy.