Thursday, July 31, 2008

So, I'll skip ahead a topic

My next catch up was to be the full review of The Dark Knight, and then I was going to talk about the amazing angle Katherine Heigl can reach with her nose. But it appears that everyone else is talking about it, so I will make my blog Relevant To The World.

She's very pretty. She's Jason's freebie. Jason likes to watch Grey's Anatomy (not that I already have it on or anything, I don't watch such mindless filth I can't lie to you people) and talk about how George must be gay like the actor who plays with him if he can resist THAT. He likes Heigl especially because he can say these things and not only do I not get mad, but I admit that I CAN'T get mad because I'd probably have her too if given the choice.

When Vanity Fair asked about her role in Knocked Up, she replied, “It paints the women as shrews, as humorless and uptight, and it paints the men as goofy, fun-loving guys...It was hard for me to love the movie.” And yeah...it did. But obviously, she's never been pregnant. I thought it was pretty on target. Uptight and shrewish? Yes. An accurate portrayal of the ridiculous, anal, and emotional hormones that pregnancy brings out? Yes.

Her latest controversy is her decision to pull her name out of Emmy contention, stating that, "I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy consideration and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the academy organization, I withdrew my name from contention...In addition, I did not want to potentially take away an opportunity from an actress who was given such materials." And again...yeah. I see her point (and still...I watch it). But what a slap in the face to the show who got her her start. And to the writers that she was just walking the picket lines (yes, in front of the cameras) for. And what, exactly, is she DOING in this show, and in Knocked Up, if she thinks so little of it? In an interview last year with EW, she states: "In this town, women who don't just snap and say, `OK, yes sir, yes ma'am,' start to get a reputation for being difficult...But within the last five years, I've decided it's not worth it to me to be pushed around so much." But I don't think that's what she's doing. Not allowing oneself to be steamrolled does not equal talking shit about the projects you've willingly participated in, months afterwards.

It has been said that Heigl is looking to get fired from her contract with GA so she can focus on movies full-time. But is this the best way to go about it? If you were a director (or whoever does the casting decisions...I'm not sure), and you had Heigl and another actress of equal talents (lets say, oh, Jessica Alba, whom I have other issues with), and you took a second to review how she talks about the former and current projects she's worked on...would you take her?

Although Shondra Rhimes has dismissed it as just a rumor, I hear that the writers of GA are giving Izzy a brain tumor instead of firing her from the show. It makes me laff.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet she doesn't shop at Wal-Mart...and if she does...she wouldn't admit it:)

Oh, and fyi...I am PATIENTLY awaiting the Christian Bale review (even though he roughs up his mama).

xoxo
tcb

Stacy said...

Christian Bale can rough me up ANY time.

Save_The_Hobbit said...

Well, by now you may remember my hatred of Grey's Anatomy, so I don't give a fuck. I only ever liked George anyway, and I think we may very well know why.

I didn't know she said that about Knocked Up. My love for that movie runs deep, but probably just because of the pot at Cirque de Solique [or however the hell you spell it] part.