Saturday, March 29, 2008

And the unlikely shit keeps rolling in...

A few weeks ago, we were at Jason's parents to spend the day (we alternate parents every Sunday). We were getting ready to go visit Jason's grandmother, when I heard Jason out front yelling for someone to call the police, the damn idiot hit his car (his Miata, his baby, the source of light in his eyes and warmth in his heart). I yelled for FIL to go help and went out front. There was one of the fools that lived in the apartment building beside IL's, sitting in his car, right back wheel on the curb, left front bumper wedged into the Miata's. He was sitting there in a stupor, holding his hands in the 'idahknow' position while Jason stood beside his window yelling at him, and alternately at the family on the porch to call the cops. FIL went out and inserted himself, and suddenly Jason's cries turned to, "Call the cops, this idiot is drunk!" while said idiot shook his head in disbelief. "AND his registration is expired!" Jason was beside himself.

The cops were called - the guy was hammered (at 1:15 PM on a Sunday morning). He was thrown up against the cruiser, slurring "Why are you arresting me?" as the cop (who I have known for quite some time, I taught his daughter when I worked in day care) yelled "DUI!" and carted him off. There was no damage to the Miata. It was, most unfortch, quite COPS-esque.

The car remained, half on the curb, for a few days, and then it disappeared, and that was that.

This morning, the officer showed up at our door and served Jason with a subpeona to appear in court next Wednesday. The guy's defense? "I wasn't driving."

*insert face you're probably making right now as well*

Officer: "Yeah...I know".

I'm going to court with Jason. Screw him, he can handle himself without me...I just want to hear this.

No comments: