Friday, December 14, 2007

Well, it's time to come out and say it

I have postpartum depression. It's not postpartum blues, it's not the anxiety disorder that has kept me on and off Paxil for years, it's postpartum depression. And it's about damn time I stop being stubborn and do something about it. And I think blogging about it will be one of the things.
(don't worry...it's not the biggest thing, I have called my doctor and firmly told the receptionist that the new, lower dose of Paxil is NOT working, I feel worse than I felt before I was put on it at all, and I need a stronger dose or a different prescription).
The blog will not be taking a permanent "today I cried. and then I felt broken. so then I cried." tone. I will still be sharing the funny with you. But I need to talk to someone about this. And I can't talk in person about it, I cry, and I get all stupid and blubbery when I cry and I can't get the words out. So I will be able to write out my feelings much better. I think it will be therapeutic.

Not all of you know I have PPD. If this comes as a shock to you, I am sorry, and I did not share with you because of the reasons stated above. You know I'm not good with that feelings sharing crap. We can talk about it if you wish, or we can pretend nothing is wrong as we always do, and share on here. It's really up to you. I'll share with those who do not know and those who do not read this blog when I am ready.

3 comments:

Cooking_With_Ginger said...

Writing to someone always makes me feel better too. :) Love you chica.

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie! I had no idea. You can call me anytime. It's still the verizon number. We can talk for hours and it's free!

Stacy said...

Woman, I have gone through three new phones since then, and last time I tried to call you some snippy woman who was NOT you answered. I'll be needing it again.