Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm GOING THERE.

I have very politely kept my fingers shut tight during the whole political process. Very...very...tight. But no more. I open my brain. Ignore that smell coming out.

I have been watching everything, both Democrat and Republican, very intently. My main focus has been on Sarah Palin. I am very, very, frightened. I am, indeed, happy that an everyday mom has built her career up so that she is in this position. But please, NOT this one.
First of all - it is an insult to Palin to be nominated. She was McCain's attempt at being dramatic, him trying to prove himself as a mover and a shaker, and most of all a MAVERICK (because he's a MAVERICK in case you haven't heard, and did you know he was also a PRISONER OF WAR?). She is completely inept and inexperienced, and it is very obvious that she is on the ticket simply because she has a uterus.
Second of all - Any woman considering voting for her because she is a woman needs to stop being so sexist and really take a look at her. She is NOT going to help your feminist views in any way. And shut up with the fake drama, those of you on my side. I don't CARE that she can't control her daughter's reproductive system. I care that she wants to control mine. I don't CARE that she may or may not have flirted with a coworker. I care that she is against gay marriage. Can we please talk about actual important things?

I feel like McCain is going to step up at some point and say, "I can't believe you rtards FELL for this crap!!" and point at us and laugh. And we will go cry in a sad corner. OH MY GOD HE'S ON MY TV SAYING WARSHINGTON AGAIN IWILLKILLTHESCREENWITHASTILLETO. But carrying on. Let's look at the irony of everything.
1 - McCain blasts Obama for having a campaign focused on change. Suddenly has campaign focused on change.
2 - Obama then develops a "John McCain - more of the same" slogan (a rhyme which made me giggle every time). McCain develops a "More Of The Same" slogan.
2b - How is it that McCain slams Obama for having no experience, and at the same time, portrays Obama as being the main villain behind the way Washington has been being run?
3 - Yeah. That whole 'no experience' thing. And the Republicans' comeback for this is, but she has executive experience, and Obama has NONE! NONE! McCain has none, either.
3b - One of Jason's coworkers, who is a staunch Republican, has stated that she will have PLENTY of experience because she is being prepped and crammed for it right now. So 143 days on the Congress floor is a BAD BAD THING, but a 60-day crash course in the Big Wide Earth makes one qualified.
4 - They actually, seriously, expected us to be happy with her foreign policy experience because Russia and Alaska are like THIS CLOSE. That wasn't even the SNL doing, that was SERIOUS.
5 - No, honestly, they MEANT THAT.
6 - "I told Congress, "Thanks but no thanks on that Bridge To Nowhere. I told them if we wanted a bridge, we'd build it ourselves." Jesus CHRIST. Even AFTER it came out that she had originally pushed for the bridge, only rejected it when her constituents came out as against it, and kept the 400 million anyway, she continued to say this line. Word for word. That, along with the line about her husband being a champion snow machine racer, and the horrid pit bull joke, make me cringe. GET SOME EFFING NEW MATERIAL. ESPECIALLY after the truth has come out, repeating these things makes you look so assy!
7 - Palin blasted Clinton during the primaries for complaining about sexism. This is all I feel needs to be said.
8 - McCain told us, in the typical Bush way, that the fundamentals of the economy were strong and not to worry. A week later it was such a catastrophe that he had to immediately forgo his campaign to concentrate on single-handedly fixing it. Because he's a MAVERICK. It's what he DOES.

I couldn't decide which comparison I liked better...so I'll post them both.

Sarah Palin and Miss Teen USA South Carolina

Sarah Palin and Billy Madison

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

farts and boobies

Save_The_Hobbit said...

I'm trying to get dad to let us put an Obama/Biden sign in our yard, but he is refusing. He's a very bad Democrat.