Sunday, February 24, 2008

And you really do say, "Ooohhhhhhhmmmmmmm"

I started yoga lessons on Tuesday. It is fantastic, it is amazing what one hour of it will do for your mind. I can't wait until the next class. I think I am also going to start up aerobics. I'm also eating much healthier. While I am sew not going to begin to push the VITAMINS AND EXERCISE! route of PPD cures, it is helping. So is finally getting on the right dosage of AD and getting myself on track to take it every day. I'm still somewhat considering a therapist but I feel like I'm in a really good state at this point.

There was a point in the class where the instructor (who is as stereotypical as they come, yoga-instructor wise) told us all, as we were sitting on our mats, to make sure we were using all of our sit muscles and to spread them out. She then proceeded to grab an asscheek in each hand and scootch around, carefully spreading her ass out to take up more of the mat. Mature twelve year olds that we all are, every one of us (and there were about fifteen in the class) burst into hysterical giggles. The instructor calmly carried on as if she couldn't hear a thing. We all guiltily looked around and made the best attempt possible to solemnly spread our asscheeks out while moving with our breath and staying calm.

We failed miserably.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally took that to a very bad place... spread your sit muscles...

Just the tip this time, k?

Stacy said...

BWA!

Cooking_With_Ginger said...

Um...

I have no comment.
OH WAIT! YES I DO! We used to do that in belly dancing, but I never thought of it that way!